Havelock E. Hand
Hand, Havelock E.
Occupation: American architect
Location: West Superior, WI; Buffalo, NY
Member of the American Institute of Architects (AIA) 1892-1906
Fellow of the American Institute of Architects (FAIA) 1892
The American Institute of Architects Archives
Letters concerning AIA membership are in the AIA's Incoming Correspondence files from 1892-1893. His membership application no longer exists in the AIA Archives, and the exhibits that he submitted with it would have been returned to him at the time. No additional incoming correspondence exists.
Hand's address is given as 402 Hammond Block, West Superior, Wis., in the membership lists that were published with the 1892 through 1897 annual proceedings. In the membership list published with the proceedings of the annual meeting held November 1898, his address is listed as Erie Co. Bank Building, Buffalo, N.Y. This address continues to be listed through 1905. In July 1906, his membership ceased for nonpayment of dues.
There is no further information about him in the AIA Archives. According to a researcher, Havelock E. Hand was employed by Harvey and Charles Ellis in Rochester, NY, in 1880. He opened a practice in St. Paul, MN, in the mid-1880s.