Albert O. Larson (1893-1974)
Larson, Albert O.
Birth/Death: b. 8/24/1893
Occupation: American architect
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Member of the American Institute of Architects (AIA) 1929-1935; 1941-1959; 1963 Sept.-Dec.
American Architects Directories:
Biographical listing in 1956 American Architects Directory
Biographical listing in 1962 American Architects Directory
Contributed by Northwest Architectural Archives, University of Minnesota Libraries, Minneapolis
Albert Larson was born in St. Paul, Minnesota on August 24, 1893 and graduated from the University of Minnesota in 1916. He worked for a variety of architectural firms in Minneapolis and St. Paul, including A.H. Stem, Clarence Johnston, Toltz, King & Day, and Magney & Tusler before entering partnership with Don McLaren in 1922. After McLaren's death in 1950, the firm continued to operate under its original name until 1980, when partners who had entered the firm in later years dissolved the business. Larson died in Minneapolis in 1974, having retired from practice several years earlier.
Partner of Don Andrew McLaren.
The American Institute of Architects Archives
His membership applications have been scanned. The membership file also contains correspondence about dues, resignation, and readmission, most of which involved both Larson and his partner Don Andrew McLaren and have been scanned as part of McLaren's membership file. Larson's file also contains memos and some correspondence about his ongoing disagreement with the AIA about the handling of his case when another AIA member charged him with violating the code of ethics in 1958, but this material has not been scanned.
Northwest Architectural Archives, University of Minnesota Libraries, Minneapolis
Larson and McLaren papers (N 69)
Collection includes drawings, contracts, specifications and photographs for residences and other structures, designed by the architectural firm of Larson and McLaren
For more information https://www.lib.umn.edu/naa