Mark Fitzpatrick (1866-1956)
Birth/Death: b. 6/27/1866; d. 9/27/1956
Occupation: American architect
Location (state): MN
Not a member of the AIA.
Contributed by Northwest Architectural Archives, University of Minnesota Libraries, Minneapolis
Mark Fitzpatrick was born on June 27, 1866 and graduated from Fordham University (Bronx, NY) with honors in architecture in the mid 1880s. By the late 1880s, he had established a practice in St. Paul. For a time he was a partner of Charles E. Joy and was employed as local supervising architect of the James J. Hill house (1889-1891), designed by Peabody & Stearns. For one year (1902-1903) Fitzpatrick maintained an office in Minneapolis. He was associated with the magazine Western Architect throughout its entire publishing history and in the last years of his life wrote a "memories" column about old St. Paul for the St. Paul Pioneer Press newspaper. Fitzpatrick's practice included residences, churches, commercial structures and institutional buildings, among them being a hotel and office building for Burch, Webster, Nash & Hamilton, Spokane Falls, Washington (1887); Home for the Blind; Carling's Restaurant (1908); and the Junior League Building (1909), all in St. Paul. Fitzpatrick died in St. Paul on September 27, 1956.
Northwest Architectural Archives, University of Minnesota Libraries, Minneapolis
Mark Fitzpatrick collection (N 64)
Collection consists of one set of blueprints for the Guiterman Brothers Factory Building in St. Paul, designed by architect Mark Fitzpatrick.
For more information https://www.lib.umn.edu/naa