William M. Kenyon
Kenyon, William M.
Birth/Death: d. 2/4/1940
Occupation: American architect
Location (state): MN
Not a member of the AIA.
Contributed by Northwest Architectural Archives, University of Minnesota Libraries, Minneapolis
William M. Kenyon was born in Hudson Falls, New York in the late 1860s. He graduated from Boston Art Normal School in 1884 and came to Minneapolis in 1893. He had a private architectural practice from 1893-1912 and then began a partnership in 1913 with Maurice Maine. The firm of Kenyon & Maine was known for designing public buildings, including Abbott Hospital (Minneapolis, 1919-1920) and many buildings for the Soo Line railroad. The partnership ended in 1929, and Kenyon again practiced on his own. He was the chief architect for the Soo Line railroad for 20 years, in partnership with Maine, and was commissioned in 1914 to develop the community of Ajo, Arizona for the New Cornelia Company. William Kenyon died on February 4, 1940.
Partner of Maurice Francis Maine
Northwest Architectural Archives, University of Minnesota Libraries, Minneapolis
Kenyon and Maine collection (N 169)
Collection contains plans for the Grain Dealers' Supply Company Building (Minneapolis Industries Association) and the Minnesota State Fair Association Amphitheater (St. Paul, Minnesota), designed by architects William Kenyon and Maurice Maine.
For more information https://www.lib.umn.edu/naa