Versions Compared


  • This line was added.
  • This line was removed.
  • Formatting was changed.


Biographical Sources

Biographical directoriesDirectories:
Entry in Henry F. Withey, A.I.A., and Elsie Rathburn Withey, Biographical Dictionary of American Architects (Deceased) (Los Angeles: New Age Publishing Company, 1956. Facsimile edition, Hennessey & Ingalls, Inc., 1970)
Biographical information:
Contributed by the Environmental Design Archives, University of California, Berkeley:
Creston H. Jensen was born in California in 1888. He was an alumnus of UC Berkeley, and earned his architectural certificate from the state of California in 1919. During the next twelve years, Jensen concentrated his architectural practice in the San Francisco Bay area. He specialized in ecclesiastical work, and prepared many plans for the Roman Catholic Archbishop of San Francisco. The Archbishop adopted these plans for structures that were erected in Salinas, Alameda, Mountain View, and San Jose. In addition to his church designs, Jensen also worked on various community and commercial projects in Northern California. The most notable of these works include the Elks Club Gymnasium of Santa Cruz (1927), the Masonic Association's Corinthian Hall in South San Francisco (1927), and the Daly City Theater (1928). At the time of his death in 1931, Jensen's office was located at 605 Market Street.
Sources: Obit., The Architect and Engineer. May, 1931. 96.
Withey, Henry F., AIA, and Withey, Elsie Rathburn. Biographical Dictionary of American Architects (Deceased). Los Angeles: New Age Publishing Co. (1956) 325.


Collection Number: 1978-2. Extent: 3 boxes, 1 flat box, 4 flat file drawers. The Creston H. Jensen collection is organized by type of record, and arranged alphabetically within. The collection consists of project specifications and project drawings from the 1920s. Jensen's projects include residences, churches, commercial structures, and community buildings. The most well-documented projects of the Jensen collection include the Elks Club Gymnasium of Santa Cruz (1927), the Daly City Theater (1928), the Sacred Heart Church and Parish of Salinas and San Jose (1927), and Saint Joseph's Church in Mountain View (1928). The collection was donated in 1978. Link to online finding aid: